Introduction – Importance of a Performance Management in an organization
- Alignment with Business plans/Strategic goals
- Driving Performance improvement
- Linkages with other organizational initiatives
The performance management system cycle
- Stages in the cycle
- Continuous and systematic implementation
Developing performance KPIs & Understanding behaviours/values
What is a KPI?
- Confusion over KPIs?
- Linkage with business goals of units and individuals
– Cascading of business goals & Identification of KPIs
- Monitoring performance progress
- Availability of KPI Data?
- Review and feedback – a coaching framework for providing on- going feedback to your team
- Communication in managing performance and impact
Conducting effective performance discussions/Coaching
- Focusing on strengths & contributions of individuals
- Linkage with performance of units/organization
- Avoiding common pitfalls in performance discussions
- Planning and managing performance for the future
– Leading discussions & effective coaching