It is transformative experiential leadership
development programme. Activities include:
• Ice Breaker Exercise
• Team Dynamic Exercise
• Knotting & Campcraft Lesson
• Belay Introduction
• Sea Rafting
• Kayak Lesson & Kayaking Expedition
• High Rope – Rappelling
• Group Camping
• Debriefing/ Discussion• Daily review sessions
• Organisations gain more by encouraging employees to perform organisational citizenship behaviour because it
reduces monitoring and increases organisational performance. It is a behaviour which is challenging to evoke but
nevertheless with organisational commitment the process is smoother for management to encourage this proactive
behaviour among employees.
• The talk will provide information on possible factors based on the research done which will encourage organisational
commitment and how it eventually has an impact towards citizenship behaviour among employees.
The Industry 4.0 and Digitalisation Conference is a propelled assembly that unites city pioneers, trend-setters, business visionaries, CEOs, speculators and masterminds. This motivating one of a kind event is intended to feature and scale developments, disperse best practices and shape the business landscape. The conference blends top keynote speakers, urban development introductions from neighbourhood and…Find out more »
The Oxford English Dictionary defines Pay Attention as take notice of someone or something. The real question that syncs with this definition is “How to pay attention?”. Many of us are so used to juggling in between thinking, doing and conversing all at one go, whereby all these three are indeed like glass balls – which can fall apart and break if we are unable to juggle them in synchronicity.
Researchers have found that we can get distracted by external stimuli as well as internal stimuli and these different distractions require different strategies to be overcome. Interestingly, listening stands out as an important aspect between the external and internal stimuli – as we tend to hear voices from within ourselves as well as from externally.
This CPD Talk conducted in a lab session style is specially designed to applying the strategies to Pay Attention! – Listening to make a difference. Would you like to learn what it is all about and how it works?
4 Key Learning Outcomes:
a. Learn how to listen
b. Learn how to observe
c. Learn how to understand
d. Learn how to interact - get your message across
A one-day event with our curated list of speakers who will provide guidance, insights and raise questions that we should all be asking as we lead, manage and strategize in the Digital Era. It is a showcase of speakers who are driving digital initiatives within their industries. This conference also provides the opportunity to network and discover new technological business solutionsFind out more »
This Talk will cover:
• What is compliance and benefits of complying
• A robust compliance risk management vs playing catch-up/crisis management/caught for not complying
• Step by Step implementation and the MUST HAVEs - according to your business/operations
• Compliance is a journey - start with a basic Compliance Risk Management
• Improvise (with appropriate budget for Compliance) by implementing 3 Lines of Defence Model
Key Learning Outcomes:
• Comprehend the MUST HAVEs in a basic Risk Management that is workable for your organisation
• Understand and appreciate the importance of graduating to a 3 Lines of Defence Risk Management Model as your business
Who Should Attend:
Business owners, new compliance officers and individuals whom understand the operations and processes.