<!The advent of globalisation and the k-economy has changed the business playing field, bringing with it a new set of rules and perspectives. In the Old Economy, assets were traditionally defined as something tangible like inventory, plant and machinery or property. However, the New Economy has changed the definition of assets. Assets no longer have to be tangibles. In fact, a review of the performance of Fortune 100 companies show that tangible assets make up a small percentage of their value. The bulk of their net worth resides in intangible assets like Intellectual Property (IP), Branding and Human Capital - as such, Malaysian companies can no longer protect their market share and maintain their competitive edge with old economy strategies.
Intellectual Property (IP) Management in Malaysia IP that is well-managed can be utilised as valuable commercial ammunition and advantage. For an organisation to survive in today's fiercely competitive environment, it is imperative that it learns how to manage its IP Asset portfolio in order to strategically position its business and maximise value generation from its intangible assets.
This practical programme provides an understanding of IP rights and Intellectual Asset Management (IAM). It is aimed at developing management skills that cover the business, technical and legal fields and has been designed to assist participants to obtain comprehensive and practical knowledge and skills in managing their IP Portfolio.
Covering topics like IP Risk Management and Commercialisation of IP, this programme is a must for IP and legal managers and business owners alike.
- Identify and distinguish Intellectual Property rights
- Understand the mechanics of Intellectual Property creation and their role in business
- Know the critical elements of managing an Intellectual Property portfolio
- Appreciate the key aspects of Intellectual Property commercialisation
- Recognise, mitigate and manage Intellectual Property risks
- Conduct Intellectual Property Audits and Due Diligences
- Engage in Intellectual Property Research
- Develop an Intellectual Property Portfolio management framework
- Strategically evaluate business models for Intellectual Property commercialisation
- Negotiate Intellectual Property business arrangements including licensing agreements
This MIM-CPIPM Programme has been designed to cultivate a comprehensive understanding of knowledge required in implementing an IP portfolio management process aimed at effective and successful value extraction.
Lectures, case studies, presentations, group discussions, interactive learning, action learning, self-directed learning, assessments and visitations.
David Oh AMIM, MIM-CPT, the lead facilitator for this programme, is an Intellectual Property and Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) expert. He has participated in various consultations with government ministries and departments including the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) and the Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU).
Being much sought-after as a speaker, David has over a decade of experience in training and development having participated in seminars and workshops with organisations such as the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA), Malayan Law Journal (MLJ), Academy of Sciences and Asia Business Forum (ABF).
David is an Honorary Member of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Center for International Legal Studies and has contributed to publications such as The Star, The Edge, Entertainment Law Review and International Protection of Intellectual Property.
Other specialist facilitators who are practitioners will be invited to support the programme as and when required.
There are 3 main subject areas that will be covered. Each subject area has specific modules associated with it where knowledge and skills will be developed.
- Understanding IP (Modules 1, 2 and 3)
- IP Portfolio Management (Module 4, Module 5, Module 8 and Module 10)
- Commercialisation of IP (Modules 6, 7 and 9)
This MIM-CPIPM Programme comprises ten modules:
Who Should Attend
- Executives, Managers, Accountants, Lawyers, Researchers, Academics, Consultants.
- Ideal for those in research in Universities and Research Institutes.
- Large corporations that have significant IP portfolios and/or apportion a sizeable percentage of funds towards R&D
Certified Professional Intellectual Property Manager Programme (MIM-CPIPM™)
MIM Member: RM8,000
For all 1Malaysia training programmes indicated, they are entitled to a 20% Grant (subject to Terms & Conditions)
Block I: (26 - 28 February 2013)
Block II: (12 - 15 March 2013)
Block III: (26 - 28 March 2013)
Block I: (14 -16 May 2013)
Block II: (28 - 31 May 2013)
Block III: (11 - 13 June 2013)