This KM Certification programme is for serious professionals and practitioners who aspire to be KM leaders. The increasing importance of the concepts and practices from the field of KM is evident as Malaysia moves rapidly into a knowledge-based economy. KM is an enterprise-wide strategic initiative, a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional effort to improve organisational performance in the Knowledge Age. KM focuses on maximizing an organisation's intellectual assets for business excellence, whether government or private enterprise.
KM draws on proven principles, practices and technologies from a wide spectrum of disciplines including: information systems management, change management, organisational learning, employee training and development, learning theory and technology, expert systems, strategic planning and project management, to name just a few. KM is not IT or about information; but, KM does stand on the shoulders of the successful Information Age we all know.
Due to the complexity of KM and comprehensiveness of this blended KM Certification Program, KM expert Douglas Weidner, Chairman of the International KM Institute (IKMI) will personally lead this small group sized program, so as to best prepare you for your KM certification designation. The program will include both pre-requisite, self-paced, video e-learning and the five-day workshop.
This blended MIM-CKM programme is the ideal solution for success amongst managers and leaders of KM projects. It equips you with practical, expert advice and KM Principles on how to strategise, plan and manage your organisation's information and knowledge assets to improve its competitive edge if private enterprise, or its overall organisational performance, if government. Successful completion of this advanced programme will award you double certification, by both MIM and the KM Institute, as a Certified Knowledge Manager.
- KM Methodology - Learn the most robust and proven KM Methodology including key Knowledge Nuggets
- KM Principles - Learn key KM Principles that can lead to substantially improved likelihood for success
- KM EndGame - Learn where KM is headed, the fundamentals of "Connect & Collect" and other major KM initiatives
- Change Management - Learn the proven principles of this discipline so critically importamt to KM success
- How to Perform KM using KM Metrics, KM Tools and other method and techniques described in the KM Methodology
- How to Build Collaborative Environments, better communication and how to spark innovation amongst your colleagues
- How to Transform your organisation or client/customer into a true Learning Organisation
- How to Perform a Knowledge Audit, including innovative ways to do Knowledge Mapping and to assess Knowledge Maturity Model (KMM)
- How to Create a clear and compelling KM Vision for your company, including a solid strategy to get there
- How to Initiate and enrich sucessful Communities of Pratice with your peers
Who Should Attend
The CKM is ideal for anyone tasked to lead a KM initiative or improve an existing one - anyone interested in gaining a solid grasp of common KM principles at an advanced level with hand-on experience performing KM. CKM Graduates range fromKM Workers to managers, government to commercial and just about eveyone in between.
Throughout the programme, participants will gain a solid grasp of common KM principles at the most advanced level, with actual `hands-on' KM experience. The workshop content is designed to provide overall mastery of KM, with emphasis on practical knowledge of best practices and lessons learned from past KM successes and failures.
Douglas Weidner, eCKM Mentor, Chairman of International Knowledge Management Institute (KM Institute), USA. Douglas Weidner was a pioneering KM practitioner. He is a respected KM consultant, columnist, speaker and now KM mentor. Douglas developed the internationally acclaimed, Certified Knowledge Manager Certification and Master CKM Programmes in 1999 - 2001, now with over 1,000 Certified Professional worldwide.
MIM-International KM Institute Certified Knowledge Manager (MIM-IKMI-CKM)
5 days (plus pre-requisite e-learning and post certification, life-long learning). The complete workshop content is equivalent to almost theree workshop weeks if taken in a purely face-to-face mode, but it is delivered in a blended approach, a mix of
- Pre-requisite e-learning
- Week-long face-to-face workshop
- Post-workshop, interactive video E-Learning modules and KM Toolkit for later study and review, when and as needed.
Facilitation, in-class exercises, pre-class e-learning, case studies, group discussion, presentations.
11 - 15 November 2013