Realising the importance Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM) in collaboration with PSMB developed this programmes to assist CEOs and owners of SMEs to further enhance their managerial skills in their quest to expand their businesses.
The objective of the SME Training Partners Scheme (SMETAP) is to enhance the momentum of retraining and skills upgrading of the workforce among SME employers. Training and skills upgrading of employees at all levels is central to the performance of any organisation. This is vital especially for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to improve their management and technical skills in order to adapt quickly to constantly changing business environment and to remain competitive. As SMEs are important source of economic growth, appropriate schemes are required to assist and equip SME employers with critical skills that are in accordance to their business needs.
This programme is approved under the SMETAP scheme in collaboration with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB). In this scheme, PSMB and approved training providers will partner to provide relevant training to SMEs employers. Training fees will be be paid directly to training providers who are approved partners and the amount would be debited from the employers' levy accounts in accordance with procedures prescribed. This would benefit employers as no upfront payment need to be incurred.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Know your behavioral profile in the form of Behavioral Impact Graphs and Paradox Graphs for self improvement
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an effective managerial leader to enhance yourself as well as your teams' work performance
- Learn the basic principles and concepts of business accounting
- Understand the essentials of the marketing and selling process and how to use contemporary marketing and selling strategies to achieve company objectives
- Describe the application of project management process to achieve desired results
- Appreciate various aspects of entrepreneurship and innovation including problems, concerns and challenges
- Understand the relevant strategic and operational issues pertaining international business and how to manage them
- Better understanding of personal behavioral profiles for self improvement
- Improved leadership and management know-how and skills for greater performance
- Gained business management insights and concepts for improving business productivity and competitiveness
- Improve competency in application of management concepts and practices in your business
Who Should Attend
SME Business Owners, SME General Managers, SME Senior Managers & Managers of Small Medium Industry and all who are interested in managing enterprises.
- Know your own behavioral profile will enable you to take positive actions in managing your personal styles or preference
- With better understanding of business management concepts and practices, you will have a greater confidence in leading and managing your businesses
- This programme will develop your capability in delivering business results through effective leadership and management
- You will have the opportunities to share with and learn from the other experienced participants
- In addition, you will be able to learn how to apply the practical process in the real world situation to achieve desired results
- More importantly, your organisation will gain competitive advantage when the techniques and methods are properly deployed
Lectures, case studies, presentations, group discussions, interactive learning, action learning, self-directed learning and assessments.
Led by MIM-CPFM Programme Director, Dr Lai Chong Teng, MMIM, MIM-CPT, who has established himself as a successful professional in a career period spanning over 36 years. Uniquely knowledgeable and skilled at working with multicultural workforces, Dr. Lai has worked in various senior management positions, such as General Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Senior Management Consultant and educator in several established local and overseas corporations.
Over the years, Dr Lai has acquired much hands-on experience in various much sought-after management fields, namely, managerial leadership development, strategic management, customer service management, change management, project management, process management and quality improvement management. He is instrumental in the development of several new management frameworks in these fields.
Dr Lai is a licensed Kepner Tregor trainer in problem solving and decision making, and also a Motorola certified internal consultant and trainer. In addition, he is a MIM-PSMB certified professional trainer. Currently, Dr. Lai is actively engaged in management consultancy and training, SME development, executive profiling and assessment, public and in-house programs among others.
Dr Lai's academic qualifications include Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Technical College Malaysia, Bachelor of Science (Hons) from University of Strathclyde, Scotland; Master of Engineering from MacMaster University, Canada; and Doctor in Business Administration (DBA) from International Management Center, UK.
Programme Modules and Structures
This comprehensive programme is completed in 14.5 days:-
For all 1Malaysia training programmes indicated, they are entitled to a 20% Grant (subject to Terms & Conditions)
RM7,500 per person
Block 1: (13 - 15 May 2013)
Block 2: (27 - 29 May 2013)
Block 3: (10 - 12 June 2013)
Block 4: (24 - 26 June 2013)
Block 1: (11 - 13 November 2013)
Block 2: (25 - 27 November 2013)
Block 3: (2 - 4 December 2013)
Block 4: (16 - 18 December 2013)