Foundations of Learning and Development
- The basics of training and adult learning theory
- Major training models
- The current terrain of workplace learning and performance.
- Framework of basic training plan
- Fundamental skills to design an organizational needs analysis
- Fundamental skills to create instructional methods and materials.
Managing Learning and Development
- Create a best-practices strategy for managing the critical resource of employee development.
- Using case studies, real-life situations, and industry standards,
- delve into the leadership skills, knowledge, and strategies necessary not only to align a department’s objectives with an enterprise’s overall goals,
- but also to collect data for demonstrating business results.
Measuring and Reporting L&D Impact.
- Measuring the impact of learning experiences
- What metrics to choose, how to measure with them, and then how to report the data to management.
- Effective ways of collecting and comparing data to show executives how resources are being used
- Successful results of L&D efforts
Trainer as Consultant
- Learning to think and to act like a consultant.
- Strategies for developing network
- The 15 dos and don’ts of successful training consultants.
Instructional Design & Need Analysis
- The process of designing a training program using the established competency areas for instructional designers.
- Developing a needs analysis
- Creating behavioural learning objectives
- Identifying training deliverables.
Making Learning Stick: Reinforcement, Measurement, and
- Examining how to get a return on investment (ROI)
- How to improve productivity through training initiatives.
- Using Kirkpatrick’s model as a guide to measure and evaluate training programs to assess their true impact on an organization.
- Creating a 12-month reinforcement plan for a training program
- Design Level One and Two evaluation tools
- Create a Level Three evaluation job aid
- Describe how to achieve a Level Four measurement for a specific training effort
- 10 metrics that could be used for measuring the impact of training.