Section 17A Corporate Liability on Corruption: Is Your Organisation at Risk?
OVERVIEW OF TALK / KEY TAKEAWAYS
• What is Corporate Liability under Section 17A of MACC Act?
• Who are liable under such Corporate Liability? The Classification of Commercial Organisations.
• What is the ﬁnancial impact and custodial sentence on Directors / Controllers / Partners / Members of Management?
• Why Impose Corporate Liability?
• Any mitigation to Corporate Liability?
• Guidelines on setting up Adequate Procedures as required by the Law.
MEET THE SPEAKER
Selvaraja Muthaya has more than 21 years of extensive global experience in the Energy Industry (Oil & Gas and Engineering & Construction), with international benchmarks and business best practices on Business Process and Integrity in Procurement Management. He has led and set up Governance and Compliance management process pursuant to working with and/or for various global Energy Corporations like Qatar Petroleum (QP), Petronas, Shell-CNOOC, Honeywell Inc & Foster-Wheeler Corp.
He has also served as In-house Corporate Counsel in many jurisdictions (ASEAN, UK, India, China, Middle East) with leading global and regional Energy Corporations. He is currently specializing in the formulation, development and implementation of Policies and Procedures, strategizing the business process to meet GRC requirements. Selvaraja holds an MBA (with Distinction) from University of Hull / MIM (Gold Medalist) with an LL.B. (Hons) from University of London and a B.A. Hons from USM.