Notice for Personal Data Protection Act 2010
Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM) of Jaya 33, Tower 1, Level 11, No 3 Jalan Semangat, 46100 Petaling Jaya Selangor (hereinafter referred as “We”, “Us”, “Our”) is committed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of the personal data supplied by you. In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), this Privacy Notice aims to highlight the manner we deal with the personal data and the choices available to you to access or limit our access to the personal data.
We collect the following personal data provided by you when you join our Membership or enrol to our programme or event:
- Identity Card / Passport Number
- Marital status
- Telephone number
- Email address
Usage of personal data
Data collected will be use for the following purposes:
- To assess your application and registration to our Membership services.
- To communicate with you on related programme or event you enrol.
- To respond to your request, queries or complaint.
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements or as authorized by legal or regulatory requirements.
- For research purposes for improvement products and services.
- For assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products and services, including carrying out customer surveys.
The personal data collected will be retained by MIM for the duration permitted/required under Malaysian law, which may extend to periods after termination of your Membership with us.
We maintain the security of personal data as follows:
- Confidentiality and security of your personal data are secured by security control systems of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.
- Ensure that our third party service providers, agents or contractors observe and practise similar standard of security.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our third party service providers, agents or contractors who work with us for particular programme or event.
- Any third party service provider, agent or contractor who has been appointed by us or to provide products/services in relation to our business.
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business.
- Any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rules, regulations, court order, codes of practice or guidelines binding on us including, without limitation, any applicable regulators,
governmental bodies, or industry recognised bodies, and where otherwise required by law.
- Our auditors, lawyers, consultants and other advisors.
- To such parties as may be permitted under Malaysian law.
Rights and choices
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaint or request for correction of the personal data, please contact us at:-
Telephone : 603-7711 2888
Fax : 603-7711 2999
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to decline to process requests which jeopardize the security and privacy of the personal data of others as well as requests which are impractical or not made in good faith.
Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may contact us in writing. For avoidance of doubt, the limitation does not include processing of mandatory personal
Dated: 13 February 2014